Johnathan Riopelle, Sustainability, Equity, & Justice Fund Grant Program Manager Email: Johnathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kamea Black, Sustainability, Equity, & Justice Fund Program Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Shannon Sandberg, Sustainability, Equity, & Justice Fund Project Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Western students, staff, and faculty members are eligible to apply for a Sustainability, Equity, & Justice Fund grant. Individuals or organizations outside of Western Washington University should look elsewhere for funding opportunities.
General Requirements For Grant Proposals
All proposals submitted to the SEJF Committee must adhere to the following requirements:
- Student proposals must include a staff or faculty sponsor.
- Proposals must address an issue concerning sustainability (Learn what this means here)
- Proposals must have an educational benefit to Western’s student community.
- Proposals must include student participation and involvement.
- Projects must receive all necessary written approval by the appropriate University administration or departments before final submission.
- The Sustainability, Equity, & Justice Fund is not intended to fund any proposals which were previously required by state or federal law, university policy, or contractual agreement.
- The SEJF shall not fund operational, maintenance, or ongoing costs.
- Proposals must have a method for evaluation and follow-up after the allocation of funds.
- All allocated funds must be spent within the proposal’s approved timeline, unless otherwise approved by the SEJF Committee. Ideally, proposals will have a timeline of one year or less.
- Fund requests to hold or attend conferences or events, or for travel, must be made two months prior to actual activity date.
- The SEJF offers support for projects that would not otherwise be accomplished; it does not provide reimbursement for purchases or activities that have already been funded by another source, including personal outlay. If you have any questions regarding funding eligibility, please contact the SEJF Grant Program Manager. Johnathan.email@example.com
Awarded project teams will be required to:
- Meet on a regular basis with an SEJF team member to discuss project status.
- Present at the annual SEJF Showcase at the end of the academic year.
- Submit a Final Report for the SEJF Grant Program Manager.