Hope Peterson, Zero Waste Coordinator
Emma Smith, Zero Waste Assistant
All Compostable Food- Solid Products
- Pizza Boxes
- Paper Cartons**
- Ice Cream Cartons
- Paper Deli/Take-Out Cartons*
- Napkins/Paper Towels/Tablecloths
- Paper Plates, Bowls, Cups*
- Parchment/Waxed Paper
- Paper Bags
- Bakery Boxes / Paper Liners
- Wax-coated Cardboard Boxes
- Compostable Dishes/Utensils/To-Go Containers (Ex. Corn, Potato, Bamboo) Note: MUST say compostable. Biodegradable NOT accepted.
- Tissue Paper
- Small Wood Scraps
- Corks (real, not plastic)
All Foods/Food Scraps
- Fruit/Vegetable Scraps,Peels, Trimmings, Pits
- Spoiled/Outdated Foods
- Dairy Scraps (such as yogurt, cheese, sour cream, ice cream, milk)
- Paper Coffee Filters, Coffee Grounds, Tea Bags
- Leftovers / Table Scraps
- Dough Scraps (wrap or bag in PAPER)
- All Meat, Fish, Shellfish Scraps (including bones and shells). No roadkill.
- Garden Trimmings/Weeds
- Brush/Branches (Max. 7″ diameter)
- Floral Trimmings, Houseplants
- Expired Floral Arrangements (Plant Material ONLY)
- Waxed Floral Paper
- Seasonal Greens (Pumpkins, Cornstalks, Hay, Gourds, Garlands, Wreaths, Swags, Etc.)
* Be sure that these are not plastic lined. WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT (in landfill)!
** Tetrapaks must be put in LANDFILL. These are non-compostable and non-recyclable.