May is Bike Month, and Faculty and Staff Wellness Programs is partnering with the Office of Sustainable Transportation to encourage you to participate in the Bike Everywhere Challenge from May 1-31. Add to your fitness program, keep more money in your pocket, and decrease car pollution all month long!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Sign up at LovetoRide.net
- You can ride solo or join a team. Teams are capped at 10 people.
- Team captains are awesome, and we need you. It is super easy to be a team captain – just register your team and invite people to be on it – LovetoRide.net does the rest.
- You and your team can win more points by encouraging others to ride, and new riders are awarded double points for trips, miles, and days. The more new riders on your team the better!
- Leaderboards for the Challenge are based on a point system composed of a combination of trips taken, days with trips logged, miles ridden, and encouragements.
- Associate your team with Western Washington University so you can filter the leaderboards and see how your team stacks up. Let’s get some friendly competition going on campus!
For a bicycling confidence booster join Kirsten Wert from Smart Trips for a Lunch and Learn from 12-1pm on Monday, April 29 in HU210. Kirsten’s presentation is titled Confident City Cycling: Learn tips and tricks to getting around confidently by bike.
Questions? Contact Jillian Trinkaus (x7245, Jillian.Trinkaus@wwu.edu)